Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A "True Story"

Well, as likely as any on the front pages of the NYT
 
Hillary Visits an Elementary School
 
 
So, like, Hillary Clinton goes to an elementary school in New York to talk  about the world. After her talk she offers question time.
 
One little boy puts up his hand. The Senator asks him what his  name is.
 
"Kenneth."
 
"And what is your question, Kenneth?"
 
"I have three questions: First - whatever happened to your medical health care plan?
 
Second - why would you run for President after your husband shamed the office?
 
And, Third - whatever happened to all those things you took when you left the White House?"
 
Just then the bell rings for recess. Hillary Clinton informs the kids that they will continue after recess. When they resume Hillary says, "Okay where were we? Oh, that's right, question  time. Who has a question?"
 
A different little boy puts his hand up; Hillary points him out and asks him what his name is.
 
"Larry."
 
"And what is your question, Larry?"
 
"I have five questions: First - whatever happened to your medical health care plan?
 
Second - why would you run for President after your husband shamed the office?
 
Third - whatever happened to all those things you took when you left the White House?
 
Fourth - why did the recess bell go off 20 minutes early?
 
And, Fifth - what happened to Kenneth?
 
[I do not know the source of this little cautionary tale. While I doubt it is literally true, I feel it meets the journalistic standards of the NYT and CBS, so I'm "reporting" it here. Obviously, since it's already all over the web (example), it simply must either be true or "close enough" for a CBS memo report featuring Dan Blather or a front page report by the NYT. And if it's good enough to meet their stringent standards for reportage, I guess it'll just have to do.]
 
[Update: And no kidding with this update. I've gotten some mail about this post that indicates I need to make something clearer: when I said I did not know the source of this tale, I meant it.  I did find other sites that repeat this story (one linked above), but I have found no attribution I could verify, either, so we're left wondering this: did this information  come from Bill Burkett or some other equally reliable source?  I simply do not know. Do you?  That's the current state of Mass Media Podperson ethics—"If I think it sounds like something my own biases verify, then it must be true... "—so I guess if I hold myself to their standards, it's perfectly fine.]
|