Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm a good boy; yes, I am

And don't listen to those voices in your head that say otherwise, you hear me?
 
Every single time the same (10 year old?) kid calls our number and asks for his lil friend (same kid calling and asking for same lil friend, mind you), I resist telling him he's too stupid to use a phone.  If it had been once or twice, no problem, but over and over and over (and over...) again?
 
But I resist temptation and merely ask what number he is  trying to call, then correct his error.  Sometimes he calls back immediately, making exactly the same misdial error. *sigh*
 
I did get a small bit of satisfaction when I checked our answering machine one day and heard several messages from the same kid (to the same lil friend who is not and never has been at this number) "making sure" that friend's name here had his part of the science project due the next day ready, and what changes needed to be made to the project/class presentation.
 
If he can't learn to dial the silly number (after all this time), he (maybe, just maybe) got slammed on the project grade... I do not care if the kid has a perception problem.  Bugging me because he's too lazy to learn to cope (or just too lazy to look at the touch pad when dialing) is evidence of the need for a little chlorine in the shallow end of the gene pool, or something...
 
(Now, that felt good.)
 
 
|