Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Geek Rating

I dunno about this... (I still have a shadow of a memory of how "geeking" got started: a geek in a carnival was someone who bit the heads off chickens or some other such gross deed. heh)



Your Geek Profile:



Academic Geekiness: Highest

Internet Geekiness: High

General Geekiness: Moderate

Fashion Geekiness: Low

Geekiness in Love: Low

Movie Geekiness: Low

Music Geekiness: Low

SciFi Geekiness: Low

Gamer Geekiness: None



The only assessment I have any real quarrel with is the sci-fi geekiness question. My collection of sci-fi books was once above 1,000, and I often "read ahead" (works in progress) of publication books by fav sci-fi authors, correspond with sci-fi authors, buy their books as eBooks before print publication, etc.
 
The multiple choice offered by the quiz was weighted toward the stupid end of sci-fi, though, so naturally it'd catch only Trekkies or others of their ilk. Trekkers included. The whole Star Trek thing is dumbed-down Buck Rogers—the 1970s "abysmally stupid" Buck Rogers TV series, not the 1930s Buck Rogers or even the 1950s TV series... Both beat the '70s  Buck Rogers and Star Trek hands down for intelligent content.  And if that isn't daming with faint praise, I dunno what is, cos the earlier Buck Rogers shows/movies/characters were dumber than rocks. OTOH, the 70s Buck at least had a hot Erin Gray and Twiki, played by Felix Silla... Turn the sound off until Twiki comes in.  Watch Erin Gray for the pure eye candy aspect, and it's bearable.  Can't say anything similar about the Star Trek franchise.
 
--whew-- Well, I certainly feel better.  LOL
 
Can't quarrel with the music geekiness assessment, because there's absolutely nothing I have in common with the criteria the test-writer uses to assess it.  IOW, I like music. heh.
 
Internet geekiness only "High"?  Didn't give enough options. heh
 
Academic geekiness... ::sigh:: what can I say?  I am educated far beyond my intelligence. And what I lack in paper training I more than make up for in autodidacticism. And then there's my honorary degree in Bovine Scatology.  My PhDBS...
 
 
|