Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving and 11-24-78... and other days

While it's easy to say I'm at least one of the most blessed men alive, I can never tell the story below with any eloquence. My hands still shake and yeh, I mist over a tad. Happy Anniversary to my Wonder Woman...


"The Water is Wide" is a longtime fav of mine (a guy named Roger McGuinn gives a credible performance here-warning: mp3). The tune was strong in me Oct 4-6, 1998, and glad I was for it... I didn't sing the usual lyrics, though. I sang these (below), not because they are better poetry, but because my Wonder Woman was sleeping for those days, hooked up to a bunch of machines after three occurences of what the doctors later labeled "Sudden Cardiac Death" on Sunday October 4, 1998.

yhmh

Yeh, not the best of poetry, "a poor thing but my own" as it were. Still, sharing the twenty-seventh anniversary of our wedding day on Thanksgiving Day this year is nice-something bordering on the miraculous-and I always think these words and tune at this time of year... well, and other times of the year as well.

Twenty-seven years, and we very nearly didn't make it together to twenty. Each year since then has been a double blessing.

Yeh, I have more to be thankful for than most every year about this time. Some aren't as fortunate. I especially feel strongly for those who have lost a loved one about this time of year. I was almost you. And someday, I may be you. But until then, I hold her hand; she holds my heart.


Powered by Castpost

Just click to play it, would you? :-)

Technorati :

|