Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pathfinder's False Alarm Venison Chili

For this Carnival of the Recipes potluck offering, I'm "stealing" a recipe from my brother. He makes this several times a year, often to share with hunting buddies. I've had some of this chili several times over the years, and it's always very, very good. Not at all like mine, which is just fine by me. Then again, I don't often have my hands on good venison.

Pathfinder's False Alarm Venison Chili


3 lbs. ground venison
1 qt. of water
6 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. Paprika
3 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper(freshly ground)
1/4 tsp. red pepper (cayene)
1/2 to 1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 to 1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 to 1 tsp. oregano (ground)
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
8 to 12 oz. picante sauce (Pace - medium)
Optional: 3 cans of drained chili beans to add volume.

Brown the venison (P.S. - I never have the butcher add beef lard to my ground venison - why degrade my meat?) I rarely have to drain any fat.

Mix all ingredients together. Simmer down to the desired thickness. 30 - 45 minutes minimum to let the spices blend. This chili is even better when reheated or cooked in a crock pot over night.

Note: To make this chili hotter add any or all of the following ingredients. Use 'hot' Pace Picante sauce, add an additional 1/4 tsp of cayane, and or an additional 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper.

Additional Note: When choosing your spices, name brands are best.

|