Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just for fun.

Who likes plain beige boxes? OK, you can both put your hands down, now.
 
I've never been a fan of plain box computer looks. But I've not felt attracted to the flourescent/translucent Macs or the whirly-lights moded gamer look, so, I was sorta left with the option of buying someone else's idea of a cool looking case (usually, *blech!*) or doing something about it, myself.
 
The old bird shown below houses an older (333Mhz) processor and only 256 MB ram, etc., but yes, that's mahogany veneer (and yes, I painted the dustcatcher front black). 
 
 

It's not the camera; it's my photography "skills." :-) Posted by Hello
 
I liked that veneered, stained and varnished look.  Still do.  But when a mobo I ordered came with a nice case, and I was temporarily (I thought) out of veneering materials (found some more later, tucked away safely.  heh) I decided to use some paint/glaze that I'd used on a furniture project to give it a more attractive look.  Added some mahogany pieces to slotcovers, etc., and...
 

It's not the camera; it's my photography skills, still. :-) Posted by Hello
 
I think I'll add another optical drive to Ziggy, but for now, the one is just fine, and the mahogany slot cover is nice.
 
I used to, before it died the death of clicks, have a nice black keyboard I had face-veneered with mahogany on all but the keycaps, but since it's only good for looking at, it's junk, now. My current wireless keyboard for this computer is a nice, attractive gray/black, so I'm not itching to change its looks.  The mouse that goes with the wireless keyboard, though... Hmmm... how touch would it be to carve a cover for that??? And now that I think about it, what about the fascia for my monitor? Hmmm... Tha'd look nice civered in a mahogany veneer or with the computer case's paint treatement...
 
:-)
 
|