Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Sunday, May 01, 2005

On blogging: "Hey! Look at me!"

The "right" reasons aren't dominated by a need for traffic
 
Dan Riehl has some words to say about blogging. (Hmmm, there's been a lot of that from folks recently... )  I like his comment,
 
Traffic isn't the be all and end all of blogging for me, by any means. And I plan to continue posting just as I always have - ranting and raving if I want, trying to be funny when I choose, and so on. But I really do enjoy doing newsy stuff, too - so it isn't purely selling out just to play some silly game about numbers, or blog size.
 
Well, of course.  (But I would say that, as both of my faithful readers can attest.  heh) For me, it's sometimes simply expanding the size of my Third World County™ echo chamber.  Even if it's an expansion to an "audience" of two, or whatever. Yeh, I appreciate the feedback in comments (though, strangely, I get more in email... ) and the times when my traffic briefly spikes by another 150/100 visits/visitors, but it's primarily just an outlet to blow off steam or keep some aquaintances up on what I see going on around me.  "Journalistic" effort? Pretty much a low priority, especially given the low esteem I hold for that craft.  ("Profession"?  Gimme a break.  The 1% of genuine pros in journalism aren't enough to redeem it, IMO.  It's like the one or two honest persons you can find among congresscritters.  not enough to leaven the loafs—and no, I did not misspell "loaves.")
 
Anyway, toodle on over to Dan's place and check out his screed.
 
 
|