Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Nearly speechless

It's been a long time since I was really stunned speechless

But this came close. The post that started this monumental thread over at The Nation of Riflemen?

"I Don't DO Math" by Jay C. Odaffer

Stunning. A brief sample to start you out:

It happened again. This happens every semester. It's become a sort of sick game for me, trying to guess which of my students it will be. Sometimes after the first test, most likely after the mid-term, at least one student will walk into my office to find out why he or she did so poorly on the exam for one of my science classes and inevitably declare, "Well, I skipped THOSE questions because I don't DO math."

Right. Neither do dogs. Parrots can. So can apes. But dogs, cats, and apparently assorted products of America's secondary education system who've gone on to college, just don DO math.

It's a looooooong thread, and a bit rough and tumble at times, but worth the read.



|