Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Calling All Harry Potter Fans

Cornelia Funke's a better juvie writer than J.K Rowling

OK, so last year, at Lovely Daughter's insistence recommendation, I read Cornelia Funke's Thief Lord. It was not half bad, and in fact it was quite a bit more than half good. And, as is becoming more and more common, it included a teaser: the first chapter of Inkheart, the book Lovely Daughter handed me to read today.


(Now that I'm considering Cornelia Funke books, I recall I was pleasantly disposed toward her insistence suggestion I read Thief Lord because I has earlier yielded to her when she touted Dragon Rider, also by Funke.)
The gimmick in Inkheart is that much of it is "about" a book by the same name, "Inkheart," though I'll not say more, cos I'm already edging into "spoiler" territory.
If I were a parent of gradeschool or junior high students, or an elementary/jr. hi teacher, I'd certainly put this on reading lists for "my" kids. And, ya know, I don't think adults would be harmed by reading it, either.
:-)
I'm near the end, just taking a break to brew some joe and write this. Unless Funke goes seriously awry, this is a good book. Of course, marketing and other pressures: it's the first of a trilogy... (Gee: can't folks just tell a story and move on to another any more? *VBG*) Still, the way it's reading, I'll probably buy a copy of my own and get the other two.

|