Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Friday, September 30, 2005

Listen with your heart

Yes, bring the troops home, but bring 'em home the right way: home victorious and to a home that welcomes them gladly, gratefully. R'cat's post, "Support our troops!" is a powerful reminder of the differences between "us" and "them". It's also a clarion call to keep our military who serve us day in and day out in the forefront of our minds and hearts and prayers. Remember this tribute to the troops from last November? Here's a reminder, even before you CLICK the link (2nd verse and chorus, only)
Homeward Bound If you find it’s me you're missing, if you’re hoping I’ll return. To your thoughts I’ll soon be list’ning, and in the road I’ll stop and turn. Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end. And the path I’ll be retracing when I’m homeward bound again. Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow. Set me free to find my calling and I’ll return to you somehow. -Music and Lyrics by Marta Keen
Do yourself a favor. Buy the sheet music. Buy a CD with the song. Wear 'em out. This is simply one of the best contemporary pieces of real music out there, and used in this flash presentation with images of our military serving both us and the Iraqis, it's a powerful means of digging deep into our hearts and minds. Here's one source for a recording. (Neat thing: this recording—which I admit I've not yet heard—also includes some other fine tunes like AR HYD Y NOS [All Through the Night] and Simple Gifts.) Or try "The Road Home".
This is the version of the song used in the "Until Then" flash presentation linked above.
While you're at GCS Distributing, check out Still Here, another moving tribute to the troops. Link to these and others you find. (If this one doesn't choke you up, move you to awe at the service of our troops "then and now" and compel you to express your respect and gratitude then I just don't want to know you... ) Let the images and the music form messages to build powerful hooks into your heart and mind to help remind you to keep those who are serving you in the forefront of your thoughts. To quote a more eloquent voice than mine,
"Respect them. Honor them. Cherish them... They guard our freedom, and they have purchased the freedom of countless millions with their dearest blood."
Crossposted at Cathouse Chat
|