Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Catching up on reading/Open Post

[Yeh, Macstansbury caught me out in an inexcusable (and baffling) typo. Thanks, Mac... :-) ]

Wednesday is OTA Day! Link here and post a, well, how did Is It Just Me? put it? Oh, yeh,

"Although there is no monetary outlay involved to participate, a donation through reciprocal recognition of this site on your site is greatly appreciated. To reciprocate - please do not use the "o" word in conjuction with the "tb" word, or the "tb" word by itself, or even the "l""l" words to give acknowledgement. If you feel really compelled to use these words any site recognition to those sites you are advertising at will probably not occur. Please practice these rules of self-censorship for continued success in traffic exchange.

What? You say that all this is clear as mud? Good. It was intended that way."

heh

OTA-BIGGEST

These came in later yesterday but are still worth reading:


My Blog is Not Blogging Outloud "Me wanted to recruit . . . them horse tooth paste of which it is possible to clean foot-wear." That's what you get when you go to Blogging Outloud instead of Bloggin' Outloud. Choose the real cola.

Yeh, he has a point, but I stopped drinking Pepsi products when their CEO made an ass of herself... ;-)


Another, uhm, pointed commentary by Bergbikr at TMH's Bacon Bits:

Point - Counterpoint As is my daily practice, on November 28 I shared an article with a list of friends (and polemical counterparts), a Chicago Sun-Times article by Mary Laney, "Our accomplishments in Iraq make for a long list."

Some good points...


BIG DOG's WEBLOG grabs Jean Fraud sKerry by the throat and shakes his sorry... uhm, body a bit

Another Week And No 180 Another week has passed and John Kerry has failed to live up to his promise to sign an SF 180 that is completely unrestricted so that his military records can be released in their entirety. You will remember that big John promised to do this on national TV...


Now, as to catching up on my reading...

Had a nice lil blurb about Lars Walker's "The Year of the Warrior" here, but Zoundry's Blogwriter totally hashed that post, so I'll just say: worth a read. Events surrounding Olaf of Norway's attempt to subjugate all of Norway and bring Christianity to the heathen with an iron fist. (Yeh, he didn't quite get the concept.)

My 12 (or is it 13?) year old nephew had me picking Aeschylus and Sophocles up again a short while ago. By the time I caught up with him, he was already at Oedipus at Colonus. It's a good idea, I've found, to go back and read the sources of some of our cultural memes every now and then. Thanks, T.F., for the impetus.

"Who is like unto Thee?" (Ps 89). Where can you find poetry like this? Only in the Psalms.

Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
O God, the proud are risen against me, and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul; and have not set thee before them.
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.
Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast helped me, and comforted me.

Words from an adulterous murderer who found mercy... maybe there's hope for some of us, eh?

Hit me with your best shots, folks. ;-)

Brazenly advertized at Stuck on Stupid, woulda advertized at Don Surber After hours, but he apparently closed his Wednesday open post before I sat down here (love ya, Don :-), MacStansbury's, Right Wing Nation, Rempelia Prime, Choose Life!'s "Cowering Chicken" post, TMH's Bacon Bits (I'll hit you with another one later, bud :-) and Diane's Stuff and elsewhere, when posts go up.

|