Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Well, beat me with a stick

“Confession is good for the soul and bad for the reputation”

There are some folks who will forever dismiss me as anathema, nekulturny, for what I am about to confess. So be it. They have a right to be elitist snobs.

heh

As anyone who has read this blog for a while knows by now, I have a love-love relationship with coffee. I love coffee and it loves me. Indeed, I would perhaps stretch only a tad in saying that without coffee, life loses its focus, its clarity and meaning becomes difused, almost inaccessible.

It’s the only form of chemical therapy I engage in or want to.

And I love the taste, aroma and textures of coffee.

That being said, I have a confession, one that will, as I stated above, probably brand me as nekulturny for life in the eyes of some.

I drink my coffee most often with creamer and sweetener. No longer with cream (alas!) and never with sugar (yech!). In the case of creamer, it is for the texture it imparts, not flavor. That’s why milk in coffee so frequently leaves me flat. A milk froth, however, has some texturizing benefits, just not as much as creamer (and BTW, of creamers without real cream *sigh* only Coffeemate imparts the texture I like. Go figure.)

In the case of the sweetener (only calcium saccharine) it is almost entirely for the way it emphasizes and elicits the high notes of a coffee bean’s flowery fractions, not for any sweetness. And NOT sugar because it neither enhances the high notes nor the texture. In fact, I find the syrupy nature that sugar imparts to drinks offensive in just about any drink, though in coffee the most.

There. That’s a load off my chest. I’ve been living this secret life so long that the burden’s become a part of me. Now that it’s lifted, I feel almost giddy.

Almost. Don’t count on my curmudgeonly nature being fundamentally affected.

Oh, BTW, I’m not entirely gone over to corruption.  Just finished my second cuppa black joe of the day a minute ago. Yeh, I still appreciate the Dark Side.
|