Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Monday, March 14, 2005

Keeping My Priorities Straight

In the grand scheme of things... this ain't. Please excuse the light blogging. I just checked my "Zen" Freecell scores and it appears I'm closing in on a milestone, of whatever importance that may be. So, realizing the relative importance of attaining 5,000 Freecell wins (notice the loss entry *heh*) as compared to world peace (or even the Mets in the Series), I must take some time out to contemplate the approach of this significant event in the history of the world. Posted by Hello Now, I have heard there are people who take Freecell seriously. I have even heard that there are Freecell games that are not possible to win. I play "Idiot" or "Zen" Freecell, so I wouldn't know about that. Zen Freecell is like regular Freecell (it's the same lil exe in Windows) with one difference: I play it as simple "white noise" while I'm waiting for my coffee to kick in or as I am zoning out before bedtime, about to nod off, kinda in a pre-dream state. Often, I play a game or two or three while on the phone, ALT-TABbing over to another app to take notes. It's mindless doodling for me. (I used to do the same kind of zoning out/relaxing during classes, "drawing" yet another set of doodles for my *Non Compos Mentis Coloring Book*) And you know, in some ways it is more important, at least for my mental health (such as it is amid this world of woe), than keeping on top of the news or articulating a mini-aspect of my philosphy of life or whatever. So, off to the Freecell Zone for a couple of minutes, when i could be supplying both of my regular readers *s* with another off-the-wall post.
|