Ipso Facto Comic

Zero Income Tax and Zero Payroll Tax

Opera: simply the best internet experience

Download Opera

Just Google It

victory

porkbustersNo More Jean Fraud sKerry Bullshit

Open Trackback Alliance

Get the code for this blogroll


Add to My Yahoo!


Free John Kerry's SF-180 Blogroll

twalogo

The Community for Life, Liberty, Property

Guard the Borders

My Photo
Name:
Location: America's Third World County™, http://thirdworldcounty.us, United States

http://www.thirdworldcounty.us/?page_id=1723

Email Me

If you're using Internet Exploder to view this blog, tough. Get a real browser. :-)

Ignore the Blogspot "profile"—here's the real scoop

What's this blog about, anyway?

Comment-Trackback Policy

Stop the ACLU Blogburst Blogroll

Powered by Blogger

Anti-PC League

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Carnival of the Recipes #41: My fav fruit salad

Although I have vivid memories from childhood of this special treat...
 
It's not just a fruit salad, but it's certainly my fav. My mom swears she never made it (though I can still see me and my four siblings jokeying over our fav fruit pieces... ). But then, that has been happening more and more often lately.  It's either a sign of her advancing age or mine.
 
Regardless, I have been making this salad that boldly mocks Waldorf salads as being too wussie for at least thirty years, myself, so...
 
Here's another "process, not a recipe" recipe for you. Measurements/amounts are NOT exact; vary at will:
 
Mocking Wussie Waldorf Salads Salad
 
1/2 medium head of (green) cabbage, shredded or chopped
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (more or less, preferably more :-)
2/3 cup chopped celery (frankly, more celery is a good thing)
about 1/2 cup raisins
1Tbs lemon juice and zest of one lemon (lime juice is a nice variation)
one can (your fav) fruit cocktail (pineapple, pear, peach, grape, etc. pieces in fruit syrup--I distinctly recall vying for the maraschino cherry pieces as a child. heh)
one apple, cleaned, cored, NOT peeled and cut into pieces
1/3 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, salad dressing or Miracle Whip.
 
Mix it all in a large bowl. Chill for an hour or more.  Eat.
 
My memory is of this served with chicken pot pie. So that's the way I do it.
 
Note: I've been known to add some celery seed from time to time. I like it.  Opinions vary.
 
Recipe hunters, welcome!  Come on in.  Grab a cuppa joe.  Put your feet on the coffee table and relax a while.  In other parts of this blog, I rant and rave, ponder and pontificate, wander and wonder, but food is for fun as much as simply fuel. So enjoy, drop me a note and tell me how this turned out for you, should you try it. Or just wander around a while and wonder what you've let yourself in for.
 
|